Words associated with Christianity and British history taken out of children's dictionary

Oxford University Press has removed words like "aisle", "bishop", "chapel", "empire" and "monarch" from its Junior Dictionary and replaced them with words like "blog", "broadband" and "celebrity". Dozens of words related to the countryside have also been culled.

The publisher claims the changes have been made to reflect the fact that Britain is a modern, multicultural, multifaith society.

More stupid suicidal progressivism.

Revnant Dream  – (6:43 PM)  

One more step into Barbarism. In this age truth means noting. Emotion all.
People keep telling me the age of reason is not over. Huh? Where have they been livin? In some remote University monkish like dorm?
BCF:
Thanks for posting this. Its mighty deppresing though seeing , art, knowledge, cultural heritages. With the law & a persons right to vote thrown right into the trash can.
The Anti-Christian crowd is going to mighty supprised when no one comes to save thenm from this folly. Even the Church visable has joined the World.

Blazing Cat Fur  – (7:00 PM)  

This may yet prove a good thing, a quiet anger is brewing.

Eowyn  – (7:59 PM)  

Britain seems nowadays to be the standard-bearer of Orwellian insanity. This, from the country that gave us all the Magna Charta. (AND Orwell himself!)

Well, it also gave us poets -- and I'm "not going quietly into that good night," and I'm NOT going to allow the world to end "not with a bang, but a whimper."

wyatt salt –   – (9:15 PM)  

I heard part of this story this morning and was angry because I thought it was in Canada. I'm relieved to find out it's England. Kind of sad, but i guess it's because I've written them off and nothing surprises me. I'm beginning to think this is the world they want; it's not just an outbreak of political correctness.
(BTW, my four grandparents came from that earth, that realm, etc., so it doesn't make me happy to say that.)

Clausewitz  – (10:37 PM)  

Social Engineering 101. Control the language, control the thought. It's been a long time since I've been proud to be a member of the Commonwealth.

WL Mackenzie Redux –   – (12:41 AM)  

Britain is the model for engineering the micromanaged technocracy.

Hard to think this was the birthplace of Liberal democracy and civil liberty.

Seeing what goes on there now makes one wonder if Huxley, Orwell, Wells and Galton Darwin were predictive programmers.

Crispal  – (9:48 AM)  

So, from now on how are they going to call a bishop, an imam?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template me by me 2010

Back to TOP