Cartoonist behind "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" backs down: "I said that I wanted to counter fear and then I got afraid"

Such are the times.
...

Well it ain't over till I say it's over. In the words of the immortal Bluto:

"Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

Blazingcatfur will be hosting a "Draw Mohammed Day" reader contest!

Prizes! Death Threats, Fatwas & More Are Promised To The Winners!

Submit your entries by May 19th 2010 to blazingcatfur@gmail.com, the winners will be posted on May 20th 2010.

More details to follow.

sanwin  – (10:14 AM)  

Any chance of including some virgins among the prizes ?

Blazing Cat Fur  – (10:52 AM)  

Maybe some virgin olive oil;)

JustAnotherWesterner  – (9:13 PM)  

Well, my first response to Draw Mohadmutt Day was "They can't kill everyone". Then the absurdity took hold. It is just the order in which they submit us. Take a number, draw Mohadamutt, go to the front of the line. At what point during WWll did people realize the significance of do or die? Sooner would have been better.

Blazing Cat Fur  – (6:56 AM)  

Yes, we are I hope nearing that point.

Osh  – (8:00 PM)  

I thought you might pick up the banner when the first standard-bearer ... um ... "fell" (*cough*). Unfortunately, the little-known cartoonist who came up with the idea lacked the courage of her conniptions.

Blazing Cat Fur  – (8:43 PM)  

Someone had to do it.

JustAnotherWesterner  – (9:35 PM)  

I think it is obvious our "Kitty" has NOT been neutered!

Blazing Cat Fur  – (6:42 AM)  

More details to follow and a major push for entries, next week.

Blazing Cat Fur  – (1:36 AM)  

Yes, we are I hope nearing that point.

Blazing Cat Fur  – (1:36 AM)  

Someone had to do it.

JustAnotherWesterner  – (1:36 AM)  

Well, my first response to Draw Mohadmutt Day was "They can't kill everyone". Then the absurdity took hold. It is just the order in which they submit us. Take a number, draw Mohadamutt, go to the front of the line. At what point during WWll did people realize the significance of do or die? Sooner would have been better.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template me by me 2010

Back to TOP