Alice...Dancing under the gallows

Watch your heart. H/T Sassy

noel  – (5:42 PM)  

.
.
You see, there really is a God who is G-D, who is greater than that which can be conceived. No matter the circumstances, He is there... waiting.

Sometimes pleading.

And. Never willing for the bad to happen.

But it does happen. Bad does bad things, allows bad things, and lives on itself. But Good is mightier, and wins... given a chance.

So that's the mundane reason for bad: to let real good have a chance. The divine reason is greater than that which can be conceived.

It's Music. And Creation is the lyrics.

-- Taste and see, the Lord is good. Happy are those who trust in Him. --
.
.

Revnant Dream  – (6:03 PM)  

Spunky human being.No wonder she has survived so long.
Its real sad that this Jew hatred is back on the World plate. I never thought to live to see the same vile maliciousness, only from Islamists, & of course the usual lefty nuts.
JMO

been around the block  – (6:15 PM)  

Yes, says Alice, "we are aware of the beauty of life."

I was close to tears the whole time. This clip showed us a glimpse of the Divine: God, Music, Love, the strength of the human spirit.

Alice is right when she talks about her son's having felt her body next to his, how a child needs his/her mother, and how the mother's closeness gives the child confidence (something most of our children don't experience when, en masse, mothers are encouraged to "work outside the home" -- something the Left always does).

Thanks for this, BCF; it is a rare treat to see someone as grateful, humble, delightful, talented, and wise as Alice.

Like you say, noel, "O taste and see how gracious the Lord is, blessed is the man who trusteth in Him."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPNiyoEpLAU

Blazing Cat Fur  – (6:43 PM)  

It is moving in just that way.

been around the block  – (6:46 PM)  

Check out http://ruthfazal.com/Oratorio%20Terezin%20Website/OTHomepage.htm

Oratorio Terezin (aka Theresienstadt, where Alice and her son, Rafi were) is a composition by Toronto musician, Ruth Fazal, for choirs, soloists and symphony orchestra which uses the poetry of children from the Holocaust, woven together with the Hebrew scriptures. Ruth Fazal's oratorio has brought much hope and comfort to  audiences in Canada, Europe, Israel and the USA, and was chosen to be the main cultural event in Tel Aviv on Holocaust Memorial Day in 2005. Its U.S. debut was at Carnegie Hall, in New York City in February, 2007.

One of the poems written by a child in the Terezin Ghetto:

I Never saw Another Butterfly

I never saw another butterfly ...
The last, the very last,
so richly, brightly, dazzling yellow.
Perhaps if the sun's tears sing
against a white stone . . .
Such, such a yellow
Is carried lightly `way up high.
It went away I'm sure because it
wished to kiss the world goodbye.
For seven weeks I've lived in here,
Penned up inside this ghetto,
but I have found my people here.
The dandelions call to me,
And the white chestnut candles in the court.
Only I never saw another butterfly.
That butterfly was the last one.
Butterflies don't live here in the ghetto.


~ Pavel Friedman, June 1942

Roz  – (10:12 PM)  

I want to thank both Sassy and BCF for posting the most beautiful video I have ever seen. In those few moments, I learned something from this wonderous human being. One can be beautiful, intelligent and talented without being cynical. That was my lesson learnt, and I thank this beautiful lady. May she play her music and have her logic for just a few more years. Ironically, she is an unsung hero as not too many people know about her. Thank you for introducing her to me.

Blazing Cat Fur  – (10:16 PM)  

Thanks BatB & everyone. She displays a state of grace we can all admire.

David  – (11:24 PM)  

a wonderful lady who makes me ashamed of my despair.

been around the block  – (11:37 AM)  

David, I've found that a great antidote to despair, as Alice bears out, is gratitude.

When I find myself sinking into self-pity, cynicism, or despair, I begin to praise and thank God for the many, many blessings and gifts I see around me, "even" if it's just being thankful for the wind blowing through the trees and their autumnal beauty.

And, if you don't believe in God, you can still be grateful. There's something about gratitude and praise that opens our hearts and spirits to some kind of cosmic endorphin.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template me by me 2010

Back to TOP