“Where’s Muhammad?”

Yet another Motoon controversy....
...
Well we were had by Mike Adams his column is satire. Truth be told I was had by my own desire to mock the MSM and the lefties. Blogger Sleeping Beastly has set us straight.


Mike Adams responded to my e-mail asking confirmation:

Adams, Mike to me show details 4:41 PM (19 minutes ago)

Pure satire!


msa


"Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions." - G.K. Chesterton.

Van Grungy  – (1:34 PM)  

mohammad is in the book the man sitting by the tree is reading...

Blazing Cat Fur  – (1:37 PM)  

I thought he was in the parlour with that Mustard guy..

Van Grungy  – (1:50 PM)  

I'm sure mohammad would find many creative ways to use a candlestick holder to kill someone...

MuniMula  – (7:27 PM)  

Sorry Van, but I'm pretty sure it's the old guy with his eyes on the two little girls at the ice cream cart.

been around the block  – (7:33 PM)  

Oh for GAWD'S sake: Now cartoons can be pulled for not showing Mohammed???

The world has, indeed, gone stark, raving mad. What a lot of lily-livered cowards and sell-outs. I wouldn't want to be in the Titanic with them: They'd be the first ones on the life boats, women and children be damned.

Blazing Cat Fur  – (7:40 PM)  

Sickmaking, isn't it.

Louise  – (8:26 PM)  

"...then jump on the next camel and get the hell out of the country."

Oh. So it's okay when an artist says this, but not okay for Ann Coulter?

I don't get it.

Louise  – (8:28 PM)  

Actually, that's not true. I do get it. I just don't like it. Like the giving my money to the CBC.

Blazing Cat Fur  – (8:28 PM)  

It's always OK when a leftist says it Louise.

Louise  – (11:45 PM)  

Fifty lashes for me. I spoke unPC. Mia culpa. Mia culpa.

Sleeping Beastly  – (3:23 PM)  

Don't be fooled by the nonsense. Enrique Chagoya is a Stanford professor, and would never jeopardize his career by mocking Islam. The Townhall article you quote is a bit of satire; you'll notice that the quotations of Chagoya and Bud Shark's Ink are all word-for-word the same as those in the "Romantic Cannibals" piece, with "Islam" substituted for "Christianity" and with "Mohammad" for "Jesus." Personally, I find the satire irresponsible, and wish Adams would issue a retraction and/or explanation. Perhaps he is only making an artistic statement?

Also, Chagoya himself has specifically denied the existence of a depiction of Mohammad in the "Romantic Cannibals" piece. The depiction, he says, is a Persian depiction of Christ. So the whole piece is actually about Christianity after all.

Blazing Cat Fur  – (4:05 PM)  

I find no evidence to support your contention SB, furthermore Adams directly "quotes" Chagoya as saying some pretty inflammatory things, even with the liberal libel laws of the US that crosses a line, it is possible a court could consider it "wreckless endangerment" in light of the Molly Norris threats.

SB I've e-mailed Adam's let's see if I get a reply.

Blazing Cat Fur  – (5:03 PM)  

He replied, you are correct, Egg meet face as they say.

Louise  – (12:12 AM)  

Fifty lashes for me. I spoke unPC. Mia culpa. Mia culpa.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template me by me 2010

Back to TOP