Five Reasons Star Wars Actually Sucks

Ouch.

I remember stumbling across the Clone war movie on TV, It took about 5 or 10 minutes before I realized it wasn't a cheap rip off or some YouTube spoof.

Richard Klagsbrun  – (10:04 AM)  

Star Wars is like The Stooges - girls just don't get it. (And yes, the  first of the new Star Wars movies completely sucked, but they did get better - 2 has some decent stuff in it and 3 is actually pretty good if not quite up to the level of the old ones).

And here's something I used to laugh at while an old girlfriend of mine would look at me as if I were insane and wonder to herself, "what am I doing with this idiot?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jocRd-aajW0

Blazingcatfur –   – (10:19 AM)  

Yes women are like that;)

simus1 –   – (10:35 AM)  

My favourite Princess Leia is still the one played by Lois Griffin but I must confess my loyalty was momentarily swayed.

burton –   – (11:24 AM)  

Best line?  "Spoilers? Here's a spoiler for ya...you will die alone".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zWNJHS9PBE&feature=related

Natasha –   – (11:47 AM)  

Uh, sorry, you couldn't be more wrong. Some women do get it. I love Star Wars -- not the prequels -- the original trilogy. And I am old enough to remember seeing them in their original theatrical release. However, I'm more likely to quote something from Star Trek than Star Wars. As for The Stooges -- I get why men find them funny, and sometimes if I'm in a really good mood anyway, I do as well.

As far as Kathy's article goes -- yes, ouch. Mainly because, as usual, she is mostly correct, even if she is a bit of a killjoy. At least I don't collect Star Wars memorabilia -- I don't like useless junk cluttering my life. As for Harrison Ford being one of the good things to come from Star Wars, I used to think so, but not so much lately based on some of his films.

She's bang on about grown men and computer games. My hubby nodded in eager agreement when I read her article to him -- oh, and he's not much of a Star Wars fan either.

Natasha –   – (11:51 AM)  

I just have to say -- your "Princess Leia" pic -- good lord (*shudder*).

Chatillon –   – (12:01 PM)  

Yikes! Princess Leia!

I now understand what Chewbaca has been saying all along...

Blazingcatfur –   – (12:02 PM)  

This one?

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/051/e/c/Lois___Princess_Leia_by_The_Real_Joe_Cool.png

Blazingcatfur –   – (12:05 PM)  

Heh;)

Blazingcatfur –   – (12:05 PM)  

Yes that was criminal act;)

Blazingcatfur –   – (12:11 PM)  

Heh;)

Richard Klagsbrun  – (12:53 PM)  

OK ..but you must be that special exception to the rule!

MonkeyLeader –   – (1:29 PM)  

Sooo, is there some sort of tv remote fight that's going on here? :)

No one can hate Star Wars that much, that it requires a 2000 word essay with hyperlinks out the yingyang to put down a movie.

I think Kathy has been corrupted by the Darkside. LOL

Blazingcatfur –   – (1:50 PM)  

Ha! I'll pass that along - but she has her own TV.

Clausewitz –   – (2:54 PM)  

Hubba hubba.

Ben_Ronning  – (3:51 PM)  

As a fan of science-fiction (or science-fantasy in the case of Star Wars) and comic books, all I have to say is, "Ouch." Though I have to confess that I'm not much of a Star Wars fan because my mother raised me on Star Trek and kept "Wars" out of the house until the Special Editions came out when I was thirteen.

Natasha –   – (3:54 PM)  

I also count the movie Bullitt as one of my favorites, so I may be a bit of an oddball of a female. ;)

Uncle Waspy –   – (5:59 PM)  

The first SW movie I saw was "Empire Strikes Back", and it represented the first time that I actually fell in love with a movie.  But 1980 was a different time. It was the apex of disco. It was PacMan. It was Jack conning Mr. Furley into thinking he had an identical twin brother named "Austin" who wore a white stetson.

But that was then.

Kathy hit the nail on the head with her Taki article: Those dudes with the $27000 invested in SW collectibles are immature latent sausage-sitters.

Dodoforever Canspell –   – (6:25 PM)  

I agree.  Harrison Ford is the best "thing" that came out of the Star Wars  stuff.....  although I must confess that I have watched some of the episodes more than twice and enjoyed them.  Lucas is a great director, in spite of Kathy having a bug about him.  Everyone can't please everybody.

Dopple –   – (8:15 PM)  

What's 5 foot doing dressed as Princess Leia?

Black Mamba –   – (10:26 PM)  

I don't feel particularly strongly about the original Star Wars films one way or another (although it is fun to point out that the big crowd-parade scenes were Leni Riefenstahl ripoffs, Heil Luke and all that), but anyone who defends those other three godawful flicks must watch these. They do take about half as much precious time out of your life as the actual movies did.
http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace/

Osumashi Kinyobe  – (11:27 PM)  

Amen.

Whatever happened to enjoying something that was good and leaving it there?

And why DID George Lucas make three new films (aside from money)?

Jaylonn Zen –   – (7:59 AM)  

Wow.  ...wow.  Makes me want to toss out all my SW novels and cancel my sub to SWtoR.  However, the Force is strong in me so I will resist.  Anyway, it could be worse, we could be rabid Twilight fans...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template me by me 2010

Back to TOP