"I am an atheist who opposes Wilson's ideas and supports gay rights. That said, our side acted like f----ng children tonight."

"One heckler was arrested and some students interrupted the event chanting, "racist, sexist, anti-gay, Douglas Wilson go away!" Many students who disagreed with Wilson expressed embarrassment at the way some of the protestors behaved, stating, "I am an atheist who opposes Wilson's ideas and supports gay rights. That being said, our side acted like f----ng children tonight. We should be ashamed of our scriptural ignorance and general stupidity tonight." - posted on the protest facebook page..."


Douglas Wilson: "Just a quick follow up note to the excitement at Indiana University Friday night. YouTube has a short clip of the the attempted "mic check" that was run on me, and if you listen carefully to their chanting, they say (in the midst of their tightly reasoned argument) something like "We believe in free speech, but this is hate speech!"

I bet none of these fine students would dare interrupt a Muslim Students Association event;)



h/t ds

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template me by me 2010

Back to TOP