Tunisia: Moderate Muslims Extend Warmth Of Ramadan & Force Cancellation Of Goubellat Music Festival

The decision was made due to pressure put on the organizing committee by a group of individuals allegedly affiliated with the Salafist stream of Islam.

The group opposes celebrating any festival during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. According to those against the event, the festival was resisted due to its potential to propagate mixing of sexes and to spread fitna (Arabic for “discord”), a word which connotes upheaval and chaos in Islamic thinking.

Anonymous –   – (6:16 AM)  

I am no longer positive where you're getting your info, but good topic. I must spend some time studying more or figuring out more. Thanks for great info I used to be on the lookout for this information for my mission.

My weblog: registry cleaner software

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template me by me 2010

Back to TOP