Poinsettia Ban: When was the last time you chowed down on one?

Office bans Christmas poinsettias


Langton said the fear is that exposure to a poinsettia could send the employee in question into "anaphylactic shock."


Dr. Susan Waserman, an allergist and a professor in McMaster University's department of immunology and allergy, said such a reaction is extremely unlikely. She's never encountered that or heard of it happening.
Just having a poinsettia in the same room as the individual allergic to it wouldn't be enough to cause a life-threatening reaction, Waserman said.

Elisabeth Stewart  – (1:37 PM)  

Sorry, Dr. But I cannot be in the same room with these plants. My eyes swell and itch and I almost quit breathing. It started when a local florest donated 30 plants to the office I was working in. This was definitely overexposure. But the allergy still remains.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template me by me 2010

Back to TOP