Why J.R.R. Tolkien’s Enduring Popularity Is a Cause for Hope in Our Popular Culture


The young soldier-scholar of World War I viewed the uncertain fate of European nations through the mirror of the Dark Ages, when the life of small peoples hung by a thread.





War experiences of veteran J.R.R. Tolkien in 'The Lord of the Rings'

In the Foreword to The Lord of the Rings he wrote :

"One has personally to come under the shadow of war to feel fully its oppression; but as the years go by it seems now often forgotten that to be caught in youth by 1914 was no less hideous an experience than to be involved in 1939 and the following years. By 1918 all but one of my close friends were dead."

Flea sent me this last year, I only just remembered.

Anonymous –   – (10:23 PM)  

Wow, this post is good, my sister is analyzing such things,
so I am going to convey her.
my site: seo Pricing

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template me by me 2010

Back to TOP